Asheville is more than destination, it is a journey. From lush hiking to dozens of microbreweries, this mountain town has something for everyone. Asheville is great for families, couples, friends, or business associates. Here we share our top 11 experience to cross off your bucket list in Asheville.
- Biltmore Estate – The single residence built by George Vanderbilt put Asheville on the map. The architecture is something to marvel at, and the expansive manicured land is breathtaking. We recommend a tour of the house, a picnic on the grounds, or a beer at Cedric’s Tavern.
- French Broad Chocolate Lounge – Dan & Jael Rattigan knew what they were doing when they chose to pursue chocolate as a career! This chocolate lounge offers sweet treats and beverages that melt in your mouth. Personal favorites include chocolate cake, carrot cake (who knew the best carrot cake would be from a chocolate lounge), and of course the truffles!
- 5 Walnut Wine Bar – If you love wine, you will love this charming wine bar. When the weather is good, the windows are open, and there is no better place to sip a glass of wine. The live entertainment is always great. We consider this a must go in Asheville – if you are of legal age and love a glass of wine of course.
- Graveyard Fields – This is an easy hike that will get you out in the beautiful mountains surrounding Asheville, North Carolina and only minutes from downtown.
- White Duck Taco – Located in the River Arts District, White Duck Taco is worth the wait. The tacos are delicious, the sangria is tasty, and the chips and salsa are fabulous. We’ve tried all the tacos, and well they are all amazing! It’s inexpensive and a perfect afternoon lunch spot!
- Hot Air Balloon Ride – Get a birds eye view of Asheville floating among the clouds. The expansive green mountains and long range view will allow you to take in this majestic city.
- Rhubarb – Chef John Fleer has done it again, and the restaurant located on Biltmore Ave near Pack Square is a must. On a recent visit we tried lobster corndogs (interesting, yet tasty). There are so many great restaurants it is hard to choose just one, however this one has a great atmosphere and outdoor seating.
- LaZoom Comedy Tours – Get ready to laugh. The comedy tour takes you through Asheville’s history and is full of unexpected surprises and characters! It is one-of-a-kind, so hop on the purple bus!
- Top of the Monk – This speak easy style bar sits atop the Thirsty Monk. The craft cocktails are delicious and the treat surprise from behind a locked post office box is exciting. We’re partial to the Nutella waffles, followed a cocktail on the patio at sunset.
- Hi-Wire Brewing & Wicked Weed – Asheville is known for its craft beer. It is hard to choose just one, so we picked two. Hi-Wire Brewing is the unofficial soccer beer stop. If you love a good soccer game, this is the place to go. Wicked Weed is fairly new to the beer scene, and has done mighty fine. Go for dinner or lunch upstairs, or enjoy one of the craft beers (including Gluten Free ‘Gluten Freak’) downstairs in the tasting room! Basically its beer, and its Asheville – you can’t go wrong.
- Mushroom Foraging – Alan Muskat of No Taste Like Home is the man. This experience is amazing! Alan knows his mushrooms – how to pick them, how to eat them, and how to rap about them! It is another way to see the beauty of the area and have an experience you will never forget.
The Buyer’s Agent of Asheville is local real estate firm located in downtown Asheville, N.C. dedicated with laser focus, fierce negotiating skills and detailed transaction management, so you can rest assured knowing that your real estate needs are our top priority. Get access to all homes in your price range that match your needs and wants. Search Asheville Homes for Sale
The Buyer’s Agent of Asheville has been loyally assisting home buyers in the Asheville, North Carolina area for over a decade. Make an appointment to visit our office at 82 Patton Ave, Suite 211, Asheville or call our 24/7 service number: (828) 210-4663.