In search Asheville summer fun privacy
Summer in Asheville is a great time to be outdoors and enjoy the breathtaking scenery. Downtown is hustling and bustling with tourists and events, so where can you go to enjoy the sunshine without all of the crowds? Here are a few ideas for escaping for a couple of hours or a weekend getaways to enjoy your Asheville summer.
- Lake Santeetlah – Surrounded by the Nantahala National Forest, this lake is stunning and special with 76 miles of shoreline. With ideal spots for camping, hiking, and swimming, this lake is often not as crowded, and ideal to escape for the day or a weekend. It is located approximately six miles from the town of Robbinsville which means you could plan a getaway to the Snowbird Mountain Lodge for some R & R.
- Wild Food Foraging Tours – If you enjoy walking through the forest, discovering mushrooms and plants, and enjoy food, consider a foraging tour with No Taste Like Home. You will explore our local nature which is home to over 300 wild edibles. Consider booking a private tour for you and a loved one or friends. Allen will take you where the best foraging is away from all the crowds of hikers.
- Take a hike to Max Patch – Visit Madison County, where a hike to Max Patch will provide a 360-degree panoramic view of the Great Smoky Mountains. This is a popular hike, however being a little further away from Asheville, you will have the opportunity to enjoy wildflowers by day and star-gazing by night.
- Visit Wheels Through Time Museum – If you love motorcycles or vintage cars, you will enjoy the over 350 rare, unique and fun vehicles at this auto museum located in Maggie Valley. There are many options for Bed & Breakfast Inn’s in the area with views of spectacular scenery.
- Hike The Art Loeb Trail – The uphill can be steep, however the views are amazing, often being able to see for miles and miles. Located close to Brevard, stop and eat in the town known to be the home of the “White Squirrel” or visit Oskar Blues for a craft beer.
- Wine Tasting At Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville – Take a tour, taste wine, or enjoy Sunday’s at the vineyard with melodies from local and regional singer/songwriters. It is something different, and not the ordinary Asheville experience.
Cheers to Asheville summer! It is a good time to be here!
The Buyer’s Agent of Asheville is local real estate firm located in downtown Asheville, N.C., dedicated with laser focus, fierce negotiating skills, and detailed transaction management, so you can rest assured knowing that your real estate needs are our top priority. Get access to all homes in your price range that match your needs and wants. Search Asheville Homes for Sale The Buyer’s Agent of Asheville has been loyally assisting home buyers in the Asheville, North Carolina area for over a decade. Make an appointment to visit our office at 138 Charlotte Street, Suite 210, Asheville or call our 24/7 service number: (828) 210-4663.