Hello beautiful reds and yellows of Asheville Leaf Season.
Changes in leaf colors are everywhere thanks to a very cool first half of September, and bursts of reds and yellows can now be seen in the Graveyard Fields and Rough Ridge Areas. Where and when can you soak up the Asheville fall foliage spectacle?
Last week of September: Look above 5,000 feet. Craggy Gardens is a good, as is the Black Balsam area.
First – Second Week of October: Say hello to Mt. Pisgah and the areas sitting between 4,000 – 5,000 feet. This is also a perfect time to visit Cashiers or Lake Santeetlah.
Second-Third Week of October: Greet the color in Maggie Valley, Pisgah National Forest, and Banner Elk. Large sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway are about 3,000 – 4,000 feet and are typically ideal locations.
Third – Fourth Week of October: A beautiful time to spend in your own backyard at the Biltmore Estate or the NC Arboretum. Or take a hike in DuPont National Forest. Anywhere that sits 2,000 – 3,000 feet.
Fourth Week of October: Do some wine tasting in the Tryon Foothills Wine Country or see the reflections on Lake Lure.
Recommended Hot Spots for Asheville leaf season?
- Take a snapshot at Linville Falls located on the BlueRidge Parkway at Milepost 316.3.
- For a 360 degree view atop the highest peak in the Eastern United States, visit Mt. Mitchell.
- Enjoy a date night at Snowbird Lodge in Robbinsville, NC. Great food, great wine and bourbon list, and minutes from Lake Santeetlah.
- Drive to Cashiers for a quiet day away from the Asheville tourists and an easy hike in Dupont State Forest
- Go for a beautiful afternoon picnic and walk around the gardens at Biltmore Estate, or go horseback riding for a unique experience among the leaves.
The Buyer’s Agent of Asheville is local real estate firm located in downtown Asheville, N.C., dedicated with laser focus, fierce negotiating skills, and detailed transaction management, so you can rest assured knowing that your real estate needs are our top priority. Get access to all homes in your price range that match your needs and wants. Search Asheville Homes for Sale
The Buyer’s Agent of Asheville has been loyally assisting home buyers in the Asheville, North Carolina area for over a decade. Make an appointment to visit our office at 82 Patton Ave, Suite 211, Asheville or call our 24/7 service number: (828) 210-4663.