August 2018 Asheville Real Estate Report
Real estate price stay cool for the end of summer in and around Asheville. Average asking price for homes in Asheville seem to have lowered, however average selling prices stay close to previous July report. Black Mountain and Candler neighborhoods both saw an increase in average sales price- $10,000-$20,000 higher than July 2018.
Average Asking Price – August 2018
- Downtown/Central Asheville (28801) – $604,410
- South Asheville (28803) – $820,150
- North Asheville (28804) $829,665
- East Asheville (28805) $570,049
- West Asheville (28806) $372,055
- Weaverville (28787) $424,497
- Candler (28715) $461,577
- Black Mountain (28711) $548,391
- Swannanoa (28778) $391,716
- Fletcher (28732) $674,022
- Fairview (28730) $680,563
- Montreat (28757) $449,558
- Leicester (28748) $369,289
- Arden (28704) $719,546
Are sellers getting what they are asking for? Some of the asking prices may seem as “sticker shock”, but remember there are many high end properties in most of these areas, so that can skew the numbers. Let’s look at the average sales price, and perhaps a more accurate look at prices when looking at homes for sale in Asheville.
Average Selling Price – August 2018
- Downtown/Central Asheville (28801) – $484,165
- South Asheville (28803) – $471,165
- North Asheville (28804) $501,812
- East Asheville (28805) $372,340
- West Asheville (28806) $300,754
- Weaverville (28787) $336,071
- Candler (28715) $329,271
- Black Mountain (28711) $358,806
- Swannanoa (28778) $271,606
- Fletcher (28732) $352,055
- Fairview (28730) $435,834
- Montreat (28757) $517,750
- Leicester (28748) $254,059
- Arden (28704) $410,307
What areas can you find a deal? Swannanoa, Candler, and Leicester. Many young families or young adults are looking at these areas.
Where are many retirees looking? Central Asheville, North Asheville, East Asheville, Black Mountain, West Asheville, and more.
Neighborhoods that saw a rise in the average asking price compared to July include Candler and Black Mountain.
The Buyer’s Agent of Asheville is local real estate firm located in downtown Asheville, N.C., dedicated with laser focus, fierce negotiating skills, and detailed transaction management, so you can rest assured knowing that your real estate needs are our top priority. Get access to all homes in your price range that match your needs and wants. Search Asheville Homes for Sale The Buyer’s Agent of Asheville has been loyally assisting home buyers in the Asheville, North Carolina area for over a decade. Make an appointment to visit our office at 138 Charlotte Street, Suite 210, Asheville or call our 24/7 service number: (828) 210-4663.